At Virtual Masons we make on-demand logistics tools for film and televisions productions. We currently work with over 300 productions a years in Los Angeles, Atlanta, Louisiana, and New Mexico from all major studios including HBO, Marvel, Disney, Amazon and Netflix. Since our founding in 2007 our focus has been primarily on security services, but with our latest project, Production Mason, we are refocusing on the full spectrum of production services.
Why build a platform? While Netflix, and other startup have innovated on distribution and exploded the demand for Hollywood content, the production companies are still running on email, clipboards and seas of assistants. Orders are placed at the last minute as vendors scramble to meet the need. Our tools are designed to create the logistics tools big budget Hollywood blockbusters deserve.
Our team is based in Sherman Oaks, CA, and growing our team locally is our strong preference, but we do support remote work for strong candidates who can demonstrate a history of success with remote work.
What We’re Looking For
- A strong developer who can join our back end team, but help provide architectural insights and pair occasionally with our front end react team.
- 5 years of experience in developing and delivering web applications
- Strong business needs analysis and problem solving experience
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to provide technical leadership and guide development team
- Ability to hop in quickly on our tech stack, which is Ruby/Rails and ReactJS/Redux/Apollo
- Experience with Ruby/Rails
- Experience with ReactJS/Redux
- Experience with Relational Databases (MySQL/Postgres)
- Experience with build pipelines and tools (NPM, Babel, Webpack)
- Experience with GraphQL API and schema design
- Experience with 3rd party API integration
- Experience with HTML and CSS pre-processors (Slim/Sass)
- Familiarity with authorization standards (JWT)
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (Git)
- Experience with Redux-Saga
- Experience with Go